Admissions Requirement - Graduate Program

Let’s get started. What Kind of Applicant are You!

A student who has earned a baccalaureate degree and has not previously been a graduate student at OPISOP. Student must submit an application for admission.



1. Completed application for admission to OPISOP Graduate Studies and a non-refundable application fee.

2. Official transcripts from each collegiate institution attended emailed to [email protected]. (Password protected)

3. Two letters of recommendation. Recommendations should speak to the applicant’s potential for successful completion of the graduate program to which he/she is applying (usually, letters of recommendation are from the applicant's former professors).

Additional recommendations may come from employers or supervisors who are familiar with the applicant's work experience.

4. Letter of Intent that include details on why you have selected the program and professional work experience or related skills.

Applicants must demonstrate adequate academic preparation in their proposed area of study. Those with deficiencies in academic preparation may be required to take additional coursework to strengthen their backgrounds.


Regular/Full Admissions to be admitted unconditionally, applicants must:

1. Have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a (4.0 GPA scale) at the undergraduate level from a regionally accredited college/university.

2. Hold a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from another college or university.

3. Meet all program specific requirements.

Are you ready to be a leader that is transforming and reshaping the cultural for Jesus Christ? We’re here to make that a reality. To learn more about transferring OPISOP email at [email protected].

A transfer student is a student who has studied at another post-secondary college or university and earned greater than 12 transferable credit hours with a grade point average of 2.00.

Previously attended institutions must be regionally accredited.

  • Minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
  • Minimum 12 transferable semester hours or 18 transferable quarter hours
  • Good academic standing from last institution attend required.



      • Students who transfer from another four-year institution or two-year college must submit in advance for acceptance transcripts of all previous work done on the college level. Such transcripts must be sent directly from the institution at which the work was completed. Academic work completed at other schools not listed on the Admission Application will not be accepted for transfer purposes.
      • Students transferring from colleges and universities must have maintained a “C” average and be in good standing with the institution from which they are transferring. Students on academic probation or suspension are not in good standing, and, therefore, will not be accepted by OPISOP.
      • Courses may transfer from accredited colleges and universities if the grade for that course earned at the offering institution meets the requirement of the program offering the degree being pursued at OPISOP. For example: Only courses with grades of C or better may transfer for ENG 101/102 as a C or better is required in ENG 101/102 for all programs at OPISOP.

Students should check the grade requirements for specific programs to determine if the grade earned at the offering institution is transferable to OPISOP.


Transfer credit is assessed for admissions purposes only. Once officially enrolled, the Office of the Registrar is responsible for articulating transfer credit. Please keep in mind, not all transferrable hours are degree applicable.

A Student previously admitted and enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate studies academic program at OPISOP. A student who has not registered for at least three credits during a twelve-month period will be transferred to inactive status and must file an application for readmission.

Re-Admit Students is not automatic, nor does it necessarily reinstate the student in the status accorded prior to becoming inactive. Students not enrolled over a twelve-month period, who have not exceeded twenty-four months may apply directly to the Dean of Graduate Studies for re-admit admission. Students not registered in more than twenty-four months must submit a new graduate admission application (along with required fees and appropriate credentials) directly to the Office of Graduate Studies and have their credentials reviewed by their respective department before a decision on readmission can be rendered.

A transient student is one who is currently enrolled at another university and wishes to enroll to take classes towards their degree to be transferred back to their institution. These students must re-apply every semester. Students are not eligible to receive financial aid at more than one institution for any one term.


A letter of approval/good standing from the home institution is required.

Send Official Letter of Good Standing to [email protected].


Pay the $30 nonrefundable Admissions Application Fee.

A special student is one who is not working towards a degree but wishes to enroll in the university to take courses for the credit hours. These students must re-apply every semester and can only take a maximum of 30 hours.


Fill out and submit your OPISOP application to [email protected].


Send Official Transcripts via:



Pay the $30 nonrefundable Admissions Application Fee.

A student who is not a United States Citizen or resident alien. International Students who completed a bachelor degree out of the Country will apply through Graduate Studies.

In order to ensure that required long distance coordination may be completed in time to accommodate admissions for the desired term, admission applications must be received by the following deadlines:

SemesterApplication deadline date
Spring TermJanuary 16th
Summer TermJune 16th
Fall TermSeptember 16th

The following information and materials must be in the Office of Admissions before an application for admission can be completely processed:

An official high school transcript (or equivalent) or leaving certificate transcript must be first sent to the World Education Services ( or a current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation.


  1. An official high school transcript (or equivalent) or learning certificate transcript must be first sent to the world education services ( or a current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation (NACES) Credentials Evaluations Provided by NACES Members for evaluation of US equivalency and grade point determination.
  2. OPISOP requires a minimum GPA 2.5 and currently waives test requirements( acceptance only) Test Scores are required for Scholarship eligibility.
  3. Official results of the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) paper based score= 500 or above; computer based= 178 or above, and Internet based= 61 or above, or official results of the International English Testing (IELTS) or a 5.5 or above unless English is spoken as a native language. If applicant has successfully completed one year’s college coursework in a English speaking country, the TOEFL or IELTS requirement may be waived.

Students’ requests for an I-20 should be submitted at least 60 days prior to the start of the program, but no more than 120 days prior to the start of the program.

SemesterApplication deadline date
Spring I-20 TermJanuary 16th
Summer I-20 TermJune 16th
Fall I-20 TermSeptember 16th

In addition, international students must submit an official academic transcript accompanied by official/or notarized English translations. These documents must be sent directly from the institution(s) attended. Personal copies are not accepted.

All foreign (non-U.S.) transcripts must be translated and evaluated by the World Education Services (WES) or a current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation. This review must provide conclusive evidence that the applicant is the recipient of a degree comparable to the American bachelor's degree, which normally terminates 16 years of full-time study, four years of which are the post-high school level.

The official transcripts must show all post-high school work attempted, including grades or marks in each course, examination grades and standing in examinations and classes, or whatever other credentials are available to give a clear description of the student’s academic accomplishments. Other requirements for international students include:

1. A certified financial statement indicating the applicant’s ability to pay for the cost of education. An original/official bank statement no more than six months old at the time of registration must be submitted to the Graduate School in order to obtain the I-20 for the F-1 student visa. In certain cases, advance payment of tuition and fees may be required.

2. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Testing System (ELS) Certification Examination is required if the applicant’s first language is not English; the minimum score for admission on the TOEFL internet-based version is 500 (paper-based test) or 61 (internet-based test), and the 5.5 on the ELS Certification Examination.

The Educational Testing Service, Princeton, New Jersey 08540, administers these tests in testing centers all over the world. Further information about the test and testing dates may be obtained at or from the nearest U.S. Embassy, Consulate or United States Information Service, United States Educational Commission and foundations abroad and binational centers.

Admission to graduate study does not carry any implication concerning the award of financial aid. Aid for graduate

students in the form of assistantships is available from some departmental programs and administrative units, but applicants from abroad are in competition with U.S. students for available awards.

The institution reserves the right, even after the arrival and enrollment of students from another country, to make individual curricular adjustments whenever particular deficiencies or needs are found. Students may be required to take such courses without credit and at their own expense. This could also apply to additional coursework in English as a foreign language whenever necessary.